Tuesday, 2 September 2014

My Favourite books of all time...



This is precisely how I work... give me a book and some black coffee... 
Oh!!! are you a ghost ? Does not matter, pour me some more coffee * Smiley*

I have been a lazy reader all my life.
The desire to read more has always been compatible with my physical inactiveness.
That is the reason why I pant like a hungry animal when I see people reading a book... I want to be that person but my body says, " Later, Madam"
However, I have managed to squeeze in a couple of books throughout my vicious three decades. ( How amusing is that ? )

Now, here is the list :

1) Bonda Paper- the paper used to wrap bondas. 
2) Tinkle, Champak. 
3) All novels of John Grisham..
4) Bhagavat Geetha
5) My Experiment with Truth - MK Gandhi
6) One Hundred years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
7) Atlas Shrugged- Ayn Rand

8) Fountainhead- Ayn Rand
9) Dravida iyakka varalaaru (Tamil)- Murasoli Maran.
10) Love in the time of Cholera- Gabriel Garcia Marquez


I understand the list seems pretty normal for an adult like me ...
John Grisham ?Seriously ??? few may ask ....
I am a novice aspiring to be a well read person..
I will get there... someday .. and I know it .

There are a couple of other books that I enjoyed reading despite my incoherence with the content of the book.
They are : PS I love you, 50 shades of Grey, Tell me your dreams, Memoirs of geisha. . 

Profoundly soapy content;however ,they helped me to get out of an eccentric phase . 
Eccentric phase + Soapy books= Diverted Mind . 
Trust me the formula worked better than my new mixer grinder.

My next buy is going to be " The Kite Runner" and"And the Mountains Echoed "-Khaled Hosseini ( What a writer !!!!)


So much for the list.

I would love to become a voracious reader... I aspire to be one...
I just hope, few months from now, I would be able to share with you, an elaborate list of great books


4 comments:

Tina Basu said...

I am sure you'll enjoy the Kite Runner

Roshan Radhakrishnan said...

haha.. hardly the normal list of adults.. You have Love in the time of Cholera sitting besides Tinkle, Gandhi and even the most awesome of them all, the bonda paper!! :)
Good one.. and yes, as Tina says... enjoy Hosseini :D

www.godyears.net

Curiosity crower said...

Tina.. The Kite Runner tops my ' Have to read' list... Hopefully will read it soon :)
many thanks :)

Curiosity crower said...

Roshan Thanks so much... My book choices reflect my mindset... My mind is like Bisibelebath.. too many things.. too many complications :)